May 8, 2018

Moira: Stress equals new projects

So this house buying process has been a wee bit stressful as we waited for the appraisal to come in on the house and for all doc's to go in and be accepted.   

With all this going on, guess who started a new project?   Yup, me...........never mind the fact that I've got umpteen projects going now and at least 3 commissions (totally ignoring the scrub tops as well) that I need to work on.  Technically it isn't totally new because I had already cut what seemed like a bazillion 2.5" squares for it.

I just started sewing them together over the weekend after having cut the first round of squares 6 + weeks ago.  I cut more black squares last night because at only 10 rows together I've used almost half of the black squares that i had cut.    I'm debating on whether to go get more blacks (I'm lacking on black tonals in my stash) or just to have a bunch more dup's of the fabrics I've been using already.  I'm sure that I'll have to cut more squares before this top is finished.

8 rows are sewn together in the top, and I have two more ready to be sewn to the others now.   Looking at what is sewn together I can see where I flipped the layout on 4 squares (well I can see it when I compare it to the graph), but I probably won't go back and take them out so that I can flip them.  I'm happy with how the shading is working out in the quilt top so far.

I also hemmed a pair of pants for a friend at church and made a quiver to hold arrows for his son this past weekend, but forgot to take a pic of the quiver.

And I forgot to take pics of the wonderful journal that Angela made for me from an old calendar. I love how it turned out.......and will post pics next week if she doesn't post them before!

2 comments:

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

Love the wolf! So glad you like the journal. I'll let you post pictures of it, as I forgot to take any before I mailed it.

Cyra said...

Lovely picture of the wolf and schematic for it. It's coming along nicely.