March 6, 2018

Moira - rabbit trails and finishing projects

Rabbit trails and finishing off of projects was the order of business for this past week.

This top is flannel and started with the green & red scraps.   The print was in my stash and matched perfectly.  Current size is 36" square and I'm debating about whether to add another border or not.













This top was made with the scraps from at least 2 different charm packs bought at my local quilt store.  Top is 40" by 46" and I'm debating adding one more border of the butterfly fabric to it.

Passport wallet made as a test.  Used scraps in making it.  Folded in half here, size is 10" tall by 6" wide.  Pocket where cell phone is will be replace by a zippered pocket.
Outside cover....
Inside of wallet - space for boarding pass, paper money, a pen, credit cards and a passport.   RFID fabric has been used in the right hand side pocket material where the passport will be.   Next one will also have it in the cover.  Also to be added to this - a removable strap and some sort of closure.   And it looks like I have my first order for one of these.    Took about 3 hrs to make and scraps from 3 different FQ's.
And a pic to show it in use.   I've also pulled fabric for another passport wallet that has been commissioned by a friend.  Will show pics of that next week.

Coming up this week - starting the binding on the wedding quilt, Finishing the commissioned potholders, starting the commissioned passport wallet that has been ordered, and who knows what else.



And last but not least I've been tempted to take this hard-back calendar from last year and make a journal like Angela does because I like the artwork on the front cover.............however, I have nothing else that would be needed to do it so I'm going to behave myself and not start this kind of  a project.   So Angela, would you like this calendar to use in your journal making?   I'd be happy to mail it off to you if the answer is yes.

4 comments:

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

I'll make you a deal Moira, You send me the book and tell me what you would like to have inside and I will make it for you. It's a great cover for certain.

I love our quilt tops, especially the 2nd one with all the scrappy pieces. And what a great idea to make a passport wallet. You are so very clever. Cute frogs too.

Judy S. said...

Love your newest quilt tops!

Cyra said...

Your lovely quilts keep growing, lol.
Great idea for the passport wallet, should be a good seller for market stalls etc if you ever go down that alley.

Moira said...

I was thinking of Etsy for the passport wallets because I couldn't find anything to compare to them there. =) The market stalls here seem to be hit or miss in how good they are, so i'm not sure I want to build enough back stock to do one of those. With Etsy I can just sell them as I make them and I like that thought. Can also offer custom options as well with them.